Ragi malt is a perfect health food for babies….. not only for babies its very good for any ages. I prepare this for my kid, from her 7th month onwards….. Once in a day.
- Ragi seeds – 4 cups
- chana dal – 1 1/2 cup
Ragi malt powder preparation :
- First wash the ragi seeds, drain the water and soak the ragi seeds overnight in water.
- Next day morning drain the water and tie them in a cotton cloth and keep aside till night, mostly 12 hr’s.
- Remove them and dry them again for 1 day.
- Now this moment take the chena dal, wash them and dry them separetly (1 day).
- Now, dry raost ragi seeds and chana dal separetly on medium flame.
- Let them cool.
- Make them fine powder using grinder.
- Store the powder in a jar, in dry place.
- U can use this powder when ever u want to prepare.
- It stays for a long time. Nearly more than 6 months.
Preparation of ragi malt:
- Take a pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of ragi malt.
- Add 1 cup milk and 1/2 tbsp jaggery.
- Mix them well and let it boil.
- You need to stir it continuosly to avoid lumps and it becomes thick fastly. If needed u can add little water.
- Once u get thick consistency remove it from the stove.
- Serve it in a bowl.
- generally, I use to prepare it little thick. It is esay to feed babies.
- If u want u can prepare it very thin. only thing is u need to add more water.
- I use jaggery and somestimes honey instead of sugar. Jaggery is good for health when compared with sugar.
- You u can prepare ragi malt by adding complete milk or with water.