This is an instant version of the yellow cucumber pickle. This is a spicy pickle, it is very simple, quick and easy to make.
- Yellow cucumber/ Dosakaya – 2 medium size
- salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- red chilli flakes – 2
- curry leaves – 1 spring
- Hing – pinch
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard powder / ava pindi – 1/4 tbsp
- Methi powder / Menthi pindi – 2 pinch’s
- First cut the cucumber into half and remove the seeds.
- Now cut the cucumber into 1″ pieces and take into a bowl.
- In that bowl sprinkle little salt (1/2 tbsp) and pinch turmeric powder, mix well and keep aside for 10 min’s.
- Meanwhile, Take a bowl add all dry powders. Red chilli powder, salt, mustard powder, methi powder and mix once and keep aside.
Mean time prepare Seasoning :
- Take a small pan add oil and keep it on medium, add cumin seeds, mustard, seeds, urad dal, red chilli flakes, curry leaves, hing and let it cool.
- Now squeeze the water from cucumber and add this pieces to above dry powder mixture.
- Then add the prepared seasoning into the cucumber pieces and mix well.
Serve it with hot rice or curd rice.
- When u remove the seeds from cucumber don’t throw them, u can dry them under sun and u can prepare cucumber powder.