Today I am sharing a simple curry recipe with beetroot. I never thought to make the beetroot curry before……and never ever heard of anybody making beetroot curry before…6 months ago. Now I started making recipes with beetroot leaves as well….
Later I will post the beetroot leaves curry….but now I am posting this simple and tasty beetroot curry with very less ingredients. It goes well with rice,roti.
- Beetroots – 3
- Onion – 1/2 small size
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli flake – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 Spring
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tbsp
- Hing – Pinch
- Turmeric powder – Pinch
- Salt – as per taste
- red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- First wash Beetroot, peel the skin and chop into fine pieces.
- Heat a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chilli flake, hing, urad dal. Let them fry for 1 min.
- Add chopped onions and saute until golden brown in colour.
- Add turmeric powder and chopped beetroot pieces and cover it with lid for 10 Min’s.
- Stir in between.
- Once beetroot pieces becomes soft, add salt and red chilli powder and mix well.
- Again close it with lid for 2 Min’s. and switch off the stove.
- Take into a serving bowl.
Beetroot curry is ready.