This Allam rasam is very good health….mainely who are suffering from clod and cough.
- Ginger – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Tamarind pulp – 3 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
- Jaggery – 1″ piece (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Black pepper powder – pinch
- onions, chopped -2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli – 1
- curry leaves – 1 spring
- Hing – pinch
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Coriander leaves, garnishing – few
- Take a vessel, heat the oil.
- Once oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds…once they start spluttering add cumin seeds, curry leaves, red chili flake and hing.
- Add 1 tbsp garlic cloves and ginger paste let it fry for min.
- Add onions, let onions turn into little brownish colour.
- Now add water and and tamarind pulp. let it boil for 5 min’s.
- Again add 1 tbsp ginger, salt, pepper powder and jaggery again boil for 5 more min’s.
- Turn off the stove.
- Remove into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Jaggery is optional. Today I avoided jaggery beacause, we don’t like sweetness in rasam.
- I skiped it today…..because there are no coriander leaves remaining in my house.