I have just tried this apple cake for the first time and it came out really well…..moist, fluffy and delish.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Apples – 1 1/2 grated
- Apple, finely chopped – 1/2
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 1/4 cup or oil
- cinnamon powder – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- salt – pinch
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- walnuts, chopped – 5
- Raisins – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Take 1 and 1/2 apples, peel and puree it adding milk. Keep aside.
- Chop the remaining 1/2 apple into small pieces. keep aside.
- In mixing bowl, Sieve together all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon powder. Mix well.
- Beat butter and sugar and add it to the flour mix.
- Add pureed apple to above ingredients and mix well.
- Add chopped apples, raisins, walnuts. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C/360 F for 10 min’s.
- Mean while, grease baking tin with butter / oil.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased tin.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 30 – 40 min’s until done.
- Check for every 15 min’s.
- Lastly Insert a tooth pick in the cake,if it comes out clean then it is done properly.
- Leave cake in the tin for sometime.
- Once the cake cools, cut into pieces of your desired shape.
- Mix a little maida (1/2 tsp) into the chopped apple, walnut and raisins, so it doesn’t sink down when cake raises.
- Do a tooth pick test always to check whether it is done completely or not.