This is an instant version of the yellow cucumber pickle. This is a spicy pickle, it is very simple, quick and easy to make.
- Yellow cucumber/ Dosakaya – 2 medium size
- salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- red chilli flakes – 2
- curry leaves – 1 spring
- Hing – pinch
- Red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard powder / ava pindi – 1/4 tbsp
- Methi powder / Menthi pindi – 2 pinch’s
- First cut the cucumber into half and remove the seeds.
- Now cut the cucumber into 1″ pieces and take into a bowl.
- In that bowl sprinkle little salt (1/2 tbsp) and pinch turmeric powder, mix well and keep aside for 10 min’s.
- Meanwhile, Take a bowl add all dry powders. Red chilli powder, salt, mustard powder, methi powder and mix once and keep aside.
Mean time prepare Seasoning :
- Take a small pan add oil and keep it on medium, add cumin seeds, mustard, seeds, urad dal, red chilli flakes, curry leaves, hing and let it cool.
- Now squeeze the water from cucumber and add this pieces to above dry powder mixture.
- Then add the prepared seasoning into the cucumber pieces and mix well.
Serve it with hot rice or curd rice.
- When u remove the seeds from cucumber don’t throw them, u can dry them under sun and u can prepare cucumber powder.
I like this simple recipe so much. Easy, quick and Tasty too. If you don’t have baby potatoes , you could use big potatoes and cut into pieces.
- Baby potatoes – 9 (boiled and peeled)
- Red chilli powder – 3tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Lemon – 1 big size (squeeze the lemon)
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Hing – pinch
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Red chilli flakes – 3
- Boiled aloo in pressure cooker just for 1 whistle, that is enough.
- In one bowl mix Red chilli powder, salt and lemon juice keep it aside.
- Once the aloo are done remove from cooker, remove the skin and add to the above red chilli mixture.
- Now for seasoning. Take a pan add oil, once oil is hot add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chilli flakes, curry leaves and hing.
- Let it cool .
- Add the seasoning to the aloo, red chilli mixture and mix it nicely.
- Serve with hot rice.
Quick and easy instant carrot pickle
- Carrots – 2 big size
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp (as per taste)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp (as per taste)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
For seasoning :
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 String
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Dry Red chilies broken into pieces – 2
- Wash peel off carrot and grate them.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, Lemon juice in the grated carrot and keep it aside. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, red chilli flakes then switch off the flame and add asafoetida.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now add the seasoning to the carrot mixture.
- Mix everything well and The pickle is ready to serve.