Yummmm…. Carrot halwa!!!
Hi friends, today I am posting this carrot halwa recipe. This is one of my favorite dessert. Very easy to prepare and taste’s really awesome!!!
- Caroot, grated – 3 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter / Ghee – 5 tbsp
- Cashew nuts, chopped – 8
- Almonds, chopped – 5
- Raisins – 6
- cardamom powder – pinch
- Grate the carrots and keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom non-stick pan, add ghee and fry cashew nuts, almonds, raisins until golden brown colour and take into a bowl and keep aside.
- In that ghee, add grated carrots and saute for 5-7 min’s until they have softened, on medium flame.
- Add milk, mix well, and cook on medium heat for 10 min’s. Stir occasionally without closing the lid.
- Once all the liquids have been absorbed, add sugar and mix well till everything becomes semi solid dry.
- Switch off the stove.
- Add cardamom powder, cashew nuts, raisins, almonds mix well.
- Take into a serving bowl.